The 2024 基因空间学者计划 provides 全球赌博十大网站 undergraduate majors the opportunity to develop and complete re搜索 at the state of the art Genspace biology laboratory 在布鲁克林日落公园的春季学期. 学者们也会得到一个项目 fund to be used for supplies, biodesign short course stipends, and other expenses 与项目相关. 该项目为学生提供了设计和实践的机会 conduct experiments related to design and innovation with biologic materials and principles that work toward solutions to some of our greatest societal challenges.
Mentors at both 全球赌博十大网站 and Genspace will identify how the program can best fit in their 全球赌博十大网站 program (independent study, minor/major credit, internship etc.)和设计 a project that is tailored to their interests.
See examples of previous student projects here:
Current, undergraduate 全球赌博十大网站 students who are enrolled in a degree program (juniors
Interest in biodesign, biomaterials, and sustainability (participation in the Biodesign 挑战优先)
Willingness to commit to 5 hours/week toward the project at Genspace in Sunset Park, Broolyn.
- “How to Science” Crash Course, introduction to techniques and tools for designing experiments, reading science literature, working in a biology lab, and taking notes on experimental data and future directions
- Biohacker Boot Camp course, introduction to fundamental concepts and techniques of molecular biology, genetic engineering, and biodesign/synthetic biology
- Project Fund for supplies, courses, lab access extension, and other expenses
- Collaboration to design your experiments/project
- Present your work during Earthweek at 全球赌博十大网站 and with the Genspace community
The student activities associated with the 基因空间学者计划 will mirror the 校历. Scholars’ access to the lab will begin at the start of 全球赌博十大网站’s academic semester and terminate at the semester’s end
Neither the Genspace nor any of its affiliates will own the ideas generated by students, nor will it own any of the work the students create at Genspace. 通过参加 this program, Genspace Scholars agree to have their work displayed publicly and for 它将被包含在基因空间和合作伙伴的媒体中.
Genspace is the world’s first community biology lab—a place where people of all backgrounds 能与生命科学一起学习、创造和成长吗.
Since 2009, we have served the greater New York area by providing hands-on STEAM education programs for youth and adults, cultural and outreach events for the public, and a membership program to support New York’s community of creatives, re搜索ers, and 企业家. Our programs demystify scientific processes, provide a platform for innovation, and cultivate the next generation of life sciences leaders in emerging global technologies, such as biotechnology, biodesign, bioart, and many more.